Location | Date and schedule | Time schedule
| Campsite | Hotels | Payment
Visitors with disabilities | House Rules
Dokk’em Open Air takes place at the festival area in the Tolhuis Park, Dokkum, The Netherlands. Please fill in the postal code ‘9101 BG’ in your navigation for the right directions. When in Dokkum, follow the road signs and the instructions of the festival volunteers at all times. They will direct you to the best parking places near the festival area.
All the information about parking, camping, camper vans and more will be posted online as soon as possible.
Date and schedule
The 12th edition of metalfestival Dokk’em Open Air will take place on Friday June 28th and Saturday June 29th 2018. The event is located in the historical city of Dokkum, one of the famous eleven cities of the Elfstedentocht. This is one of the most beautiful parts of the province of Friesland. The campsite is adjacent to the festival area.
You can reach Dokkum by bus. Check 9292.nl fo the latest information and your up to date traveling schedule .
If you are coming by train from the direction of Groningen, please take the slow train to station Veenwouden/Feanwâlden and from there you can easily take the bus to Dokkum. Bus stop: Plysjeburo/Politiebureau.
– from Leeuwarden Central Station: bus line 50 to Dokkum
– from Groningen/Veenwouden: bus line 53 to Dokkum
– From the villages near Dokkum: take the Arriva-Opstapper-bus, reservation required.
The last buses from Dokkum leave around 11pm.
You’re welcome to stay the night(s) at our camping, if you have a one- or two day ticket.
The campsite is open on Thursday at 6pm and closes at Sunday noon. Coffee, sandwiches and aspirine are for sale on the campsite on Saturday and Sunday, between 10am and noon. Don’t forget to buy a camping ticket 🙂
At Dokk’em Open Air you pay your food and drinks with tokens. You can buy your tokens with cash and with a debit card. Merchandise at the metalmarket can be paid for with cash and debit card as well.
Visitors with disabilities
Dokk’em Open Air takes place in a park, with partly paved paths. Keep that in mind. We will do our very best to make the festival as accessible as possible for everybody. Ofcourse there’s a special toilet for the disabled and we will do our best to build a special reserved platform for visitors with disabilities. There are plenty of places to sit in the Biergarten.
Do you have any questions about the festival access or about bringing medicine, please contact the organisation. We are here to help you to have a wonderful festival experience: pr@dokkemopenair.
Dokk’em Open Air is a festival that is made by and made for metalheads. We are all volunteers. About 130 die-hards work their asses off to serve you the best beers and food. So please be nice to each other and make it a great party for everyone.
If you have any questions after reading these house rules, please contact us at pr@dokkemopenair or send us a message on facebook, instagram or twitter.
Rules Festival Area
- No alcohol for people under 18
- Minimum age is 12. Under 16 only in company of an adult.
- No weapons, no sharp objects (glass, cans, metal)
- No drugs allowed (only a small amount of marihuana is allowed). All other drugs are illegal and strictly forbidden in The Netherlands. The possession of so called hard drugs will lead to immediate denial to or removal from the festival grounds and we’ll notify the police.
- Take good care of your ears (use ear plugs). Keep an eye on the weather. Drink enough water when it’s hot. Umbrellas are not allowed.
- No pets
The organisation of Dokk’em Open Air tries hard to bring 20 of the best metal bands in the world to Dokkum. We can not take any responsibility if a band is forced to cancel their tour, so no refunds possible.
- Watch out for each other’s vehicle. Drive carefully and drive sober.
- Park at the special festival parking: follow the signs and listen to the instructions our volunteers will give you
- No glass, weapons, metal and other sharp objects on the campsite
- Don’t leave garbage behind
- Think about your neighbours on the campsite, don’t make too much noise
The organization of Dokk’em Open Air is not liable for any loss of or damage to your possessions.